- Salary: $108,492.80 – $131,144.00 Annually USD
Overview whom might APPLY: This position is available to all candidates that are qualified. Wastewater, Teamsters neighborhood 117 internal prospects will get very first consideration. $1.00 each hour through the base wage will be redirected towards the Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Trust Fund.
REQUIRED MATERIALS: King county application, employment cover letter and resume
WORKING ARRANGEMENTS: Standard performing hours are 40 hours each week. Candidates should be offered to work any assigned routine. This place is exempt through the conditions of this Fair Labor Standards Act and it is maybe maybe not overtime-eligible.
JOB DEFINITION: The obligations of the category include supervising workers whom monitor, run and keep maintaining a wastewater therapy center, conveyance and collection system. Incumbents make sure compliance with appropriate neighborhood, Washington State and air that is federal wastewater and security laws and demands and generally are in charge of preparing long- and short-term workload, cost management, workers training and gratification administration. Job Duties
- Supervise and direct the job of lead, skilled trades, semi-skilled trades for Day Operations team. Supervisory responsibilities consist of employing, review and evaluate worker work performance and provide constructive feedback; provide mentoring; recommend and/or initiate disciplinary action Plan, schedule, coordinate, monitor and review the daily work of a team therefore the long-range preparation and scheduling of the crew. Ensure completion that is timely quality of work by the team. Be involved in long-range facilities planning.
- Requisition supplies and equipment, keep stock, make sure requisition procedures are followed and work out budget choices.
- Review plans, designs or procedures for an assigned segment of major construction tasks with contractors, design designers, vendors and agency’s construction administration unit. Organize, coordinate and provide technical expertise on long-range unique tasks; offer way to senior staff on unique tasks.
- Assist staff that is senior scheduling and prioritizing work sales along with other divisions, divisions and agencies.
- Arrange, schedule and supply training to other people and protect training documents on workers. Review laboratory data and suggest and/or make procedure control choices.
- Coordinate unit, division along with other agencies’ reactions to uncommon occurrences and emergencies; just just take action that is corrective appropriate. Are in charge of news contact. Ensure adherence to all or any policies, criteria and procedures.
- Work, monitor and control gear and systems utilizing computer that is complex. Take part in work negotiations and grievance hearings.
- Prepare technical reports of plant operations for submittal to administration and state and federal agencies that are regulatory.
- Assume functional obligations in the lack of the Plant Manager for rotating changes along with other operations.
- Perform the duties associated with the other classifications in the Wastewater Treatment Operations show as required.
- Be accessible to focus all change schedules, including rotating changes; can be expected to be on standby and/or call-out status and susceptible to after-hours call-in for uncommon occurrences and emergencies.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Techniques
- Advanced familiarity with task administration practices and axioms
- Advanced understanding of the description, function and major components for plant-wide gasoline, chlorination, heating, ventilating and atmosphere training, smell control, electric, water, atmosphere and hydraulic systems
- Advanced understanding of the description, function, major components, causes for alarms and monitoring that is radio control system for the gear and systems within the initial, main and additional, solids managing, smell control and/or the collection and conveyance systems
- Advanced familiarity with expertise in the description and purpose of computerized remote and supervisory control systems used to manage, run and monitor a wastewater treatment system that is major
- Advanced familiarity with experience with operating, monitoring, keeping and training from the gear and systems into the preliminary therapy area, main therapy area, additional area, solids managing area as well as in the collection and conveyance system and systems for plant-wide fuel, chlorination, heating, ventilating and atmosphere training, smell control, electric, water, atmosphere and hydraulic systems
- Advanced Knowledge in interpreting and using technical information from plant drawings, technical datasheets, operations and upkeep manuals and laboratory test outcomes
- Advanced Knowledge in keeping and developing a powerful working relationship with all the general general public, vendors, contractors, regulatory agencies, associates along with other workgroups.
- Advanced familiarity with advanced level troubleshooting abilities for complex wastewater therapy systems and operations and complex smell control systems also to manage uncommon occurrences and emergencies
- Some knowledge into the application of participative workplace company axioms, like the company preparation procedure, the establishment of criteria and feedback, interaction, listening and feedback, conflict resolution, effective group meetings, problem-solving, choice generating and facilitation.
- Some familiarity with buying policies and procedures
- Experience in facilitating long- and short-term workload preparation, budgeting, training and gratification administration
- Ability in managing written and/or computerized information systems logs that are including reports, lab and procedure data, difficulty reports and work needs.
- Experience within the application of security policies, procedures and techniques for restricted room entry, fall protection, hazard interaction, recognition and control, dangerous energy control, crisis reaction and evacuation, accident prevention, hearing preservation, preventing right straight back accidents, breathing security, fire security, division facilities and operations, forklift training, overhead cranes, plant-specific security information along with other safety information that is department-wide
- Skill in higher level training to generally meet or go beyond King County, state and regulations that are federal
- Supervisory abilities to lead, teach and advisor; offer direction, prepare and conduct performance evaluations and simply just take disciplinary actions Communication abilities (oral and written)
- Assessment and decision-making skills
Supplemental Ideas LICENSING/CERTIFICATION:
- Washington State License
- Washington State Group III Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Official Certification
- Washington State Group IV Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Official Official Official Certification
- CPR and medical official certification
SELECTION PROCESS: A competitive process is will likely to be useful for this selection procedure. Summary of interior prospects should include reviews of performance appraisals, workers files, interior guide, Benefit Time / Vacation usage logs, etc., before any offer that is final. External prospects will demand connections for sources.
UNION MEMBERSHIP: Teamster Wastewater Local 117 represents this position.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Performing at Wastewater Treatment facilities
For lots more information about this recruitment, please contact: Rijul BhaskarSenior Human site Analystrbhaskar@kingcounty.gov
Closing Date/Time: 6/4/2020 11:59 PM Pacific